We always advise you consider the benefits of remaining in a pension scheme, but should you wish to opt out, here's how...
1. Log in to your Smart Pension account (struggling? Read this);
2. Go to Account in the top right hand corner and select Manage membership;
3. Once you have selected Manage membership (and if you are eligible to Opt Out) you will see this choice...
4. Click on the red button which says 'I WISH TO OPT OUT'. This will bring up a pop-up box. Please type in the exact required words, above the line, i.e. I wish to opt out. When typed in correctly, the 'I UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES' button will turn red and you need to click on it to complete your opt-out request. Your employer will be informed within 24 hours that you have opted out of the scheme.
Why am I not given the choice to Opt Out?
Your red button might not say 'I WISH TO OPT OUT' which could be due to the following reasons:
- If you are not eligible for auto enrolment you don't need to Opt Out, but you can Opt In. For further information please click here.
- If you have passed the 1 month window to Opt Out, you can decide to cease membership and make no further contributions to the scheme. Advice on how to do this can be found by clicking here.
- If you have previously Opted Out or Ceased Membership but now want to be part of a workplace pension scheme then this is your choice: click here.