- Using the Bulk Company Import feature is a quick way to import multiple companies into the Smart Pension platform.
- Smart Pension accepts either .csv or .xls file formats for the import.
- You can download a template from the Bulk Company Import page.
The minimum required fields to create a company on our portal are listed below and further information on field types & required format to include in the upload file are also outlined below. There are additional optional fields on the template that can be completed at the upload stage and this will save you or your client having to complete this information at a later date.
Minimum Required Fields:
- Company Name
- Company Registered Address
- Legal Structure
- Registration Number
- Director Email
- Director Forename
- Director Surname
All Fields and their types: The fields need to be in the exact required format, if they are not then the file that you upload will be show as a partial sucess and the incorrect fields will be highlighted for correction before the file is re-submitted.
NB. Fields are Alpha Numeric unless otherwise stated. Alpha Numeric fields (not Date) can have a maximum of 255 characters.
NB. Fields whose value can only be one of a predefined list of options, e.g. Pensionable Earnings, are case sensitive. E.g. in the case of Pensionable Earnings, banded is a valid value but Banded is not.
- Company Name: e.g. My Company Name
- Legal Structure: e.g. Limited Company - Must be one of the following options: [Limited Company, Limited Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership, Unincorporated Association, Ordinary Business Partnership, Sole Trader, Charity, Other]
- Registration Number: e.g. 123456 or 123abc
- Registered Address 1: e.g. 123 Example Street
- Registered Address 2: e.g. Example Town, UK
- Registered Address Postcode: e.g. E1W ABC
- Trading Address 1: e.g. 123 Example Street
- Trading Address 2 e.g. Example Town, UK
- Trading Address Postcode: e.g. E1W ABC
- Director Email: e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director Forename: e.g. John
- Director Surname: e.g. Smith
- Director Date of Birth: Date e.g. 23/03/1932 or 23-03-1932
- Director Postcode: e.g. E1W ABC
- Director Two Email: e.g. email@example.com
- Director Two Forename: e.g. John
- Director Two Surname: e.g. Smith
- Director Two Date of Birth: Date e.g. 23/03/1932 or 23-03-1932
- Director Two Postcode: e.g. E1W ABC
- Staging Date: Date e.g. 14/04/2016 or 14-04-2016
- Pensionable Earnings: e.g. banded. Must be one of the following options: [banded, unbanded, tier1, tier2, tier3]
- Automatic Postponements: e.g. 1 week. Must be one of the following options: [1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months]
After the Import
- You will be taken to the Imports index page after you import a file to see a list of all the files you have imported.
- Clicking on the View option on the Import record will outline which records were saved and which records (if any) encountered an issue, e.g. a missing required field.
- If a file contains multiple records and some are successfully imported and some are not then the file will achieve a status of Partial Success.
- The same file can be modified and re-uploaded to the records that previously had issues. No duplication of companies will occur. (duplication constraint is on Company Name). If you need further support call 0333 666 2020 Option1 & we will be happy to help.