How to find your lost or forgotten pensions
Sign in to your Smart Pension account. Get help signing in.
Click Combine pensions and follow the steps on screen.
When you enter the pension finder tool, click +Add a pension.
There are then two scenarios. One is that you know the name of your pension provider, and the other is that you don’t know the name of your pension provider, but do know the name of your employer.
Scenario one - I know the name of my pension provider
6. Choose your old pension provider from either the square logos or the drop down list. If they’re not on there you can manually add it in. Then click Help me find my pensions.
7. We need to know the value of the pension so we can complete your dashboard. There’s three ways to provide the information, depending on the provider:
Sign in to your pension account so we can retrieve your information. If you haven’t set up an online account or need help retrieving your password, you’ll be guided through the process on screen.
This means that your dashboard will automatically update to reflect this new value. It will instantly give you the option to transfer your old pension into your Smart Pension account.
Enter the value manually
Pension Lab can write a letter of authority and collect the information from your pension provider on your behalf.
This pension will then show on your dashboard with Pension find in progress. Pension Lab will contact you when they have more information to share with you.
Scenario two - I know the name of my employer
6. Click Help me find my pensions.
7. Enter the name of your employer and the from and to dates you worked for them, then click Submit.
8. Pension Lab will then write a letter of authority for you to your pension provider to request more information. If you’re happy for this to happen, then you need to check the boxes and sign in the box using your mouse, then click Sign letter of authority.
9. This employer will then show on your dashboard with Pension find in progress.
10. Pension Lab will contact you when they have more information to share with you.